Tuesday, July 14, 2009

LibWorm

I can see using this site if I was doing some concentrated research into a library topic. There are so many entries when you go in by subject, many not in English, that it's overwhelming. Going into the tag list(and I had to have them listed alphabetically to find what I wanted) was much more useful.
I searched for our library and for my name. I was surprised to find me mentioned in LisZen.com/trends: "a real time/social tool for librarians". So I'll have to look into that site a bit more.
I created an RSS feed for my name and for my library's name and subscribed to those in google reader, so we'll see what happens. This is where I think LibWorm would be very useful--to be able to create your own ongoing search for a given library topic and have the results sent to your feed reader. I will definitely use this site for that kind of research.

No comments:

Post a Comment